You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
Synopsis & Useful Links
- Alexei's lightning talk on Chaos Theory at the Roguelike Celebration
- Other talks from the recent Roguelike Celebration in San Francisco (inc Alexei's other talk on exploring the Nethack codebase, and her previous talk on accessibility)
- The book 'Chaos: Making A New Science'
- The attractions of Edward Norton Lorenz
- The butterfly effect
- Gillian Smith's chapter on 'Understanding the Generator' in Procedural Generation in Game Design
- Visualising procedural generator output and quantifying it in design terms
- The right amount of chaos and what makes good chaos
- Intersections with set theory and graph theory (and the importance of mathematics in general)