You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- Kawa's lightning talk on The Morgue Experience
- Other talks from the recent Roguelike Celebration in San Francisco
- How players experience death, and how it links with The Hero Trap
- Letting players laugh at their own death
- Darren has some rare design criticism of FTL
- Social aspects of online hiscores and shareable morgue files
- Supporting learning through death
- Encoding morgue files in Death Cards in MidBoss (RLR ep)
- Announcing deaths via Twitter bots or online servers
- Achievements, collectables, unlocks and other meta progression to be celebrated on death
- Death notes in The Trapped Heart, giving personalised tips based on player's gameplay behaviour over several runs
- Death as a vehicle for story
- Bones files, and other impacts on future games (and the potential for exploits)
- Death should be celebrated and fun! Force players to love death!