- IRDC will be happening in the USA for the first time! The International Roguelike Development Conference 2015 will take place in Atlanta, Georgia on 30-31 May, and already several big name developers have signed up. If you're in America don't miss out on this rare opportunity!
- There may also be an England-based IRDC later in the year.
- Go vote right now for the following games to be greenlit: Voyage to Farland, Hydra Slayer, Approaching Infinity, MidBoss
Topics discussed this episode:
- The Seven Day Roguelike Challenge is imminent! Developers are legally required to make a roguelike in 7 days from 7-15 March.
- Check out previous eps about 7DRLs, including our ancient but still relevant "How to Make a Seven Day Roguelike".
- Stay updated with the 7DRL mailing list, and help out with the review process by signing up to the review panel!
- What players want! And rather perfectly we have some Let's Players to give their opinions - Kawaii Dragoness, Alan of The Indie Ocean and CrazedNaly.
- Things people like about 7DRLs - inventive, short, rule-breaking, ground-breaking, focuses on individual mechanics.
- The bad - poor clarity on controls, UI mistakes, and no bloody executable!
- Things people want more of - more settings, novel changes to old mechanics like combat and the hunger clock, more use of the T-Engine or other engines that allow more polish.
- 7DRLs discussed: Infection, Conception, 86856527 (now out on Steam as 868-HACK), Mosaic, TraumaRL, DataQueen, PrincessRL, AliensRL, Ananias, Excitable Digger, Golden Krone Hotel, Vicious Orcs, Borstal (also now on Android), Rogue's Eye, Nightfall, Smart Kobold, Rogue Station, Adventurer's Guild.
- Good luck with your 7DRLs!