You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
Synopsis & Useful Links
- What is Rot.js, its features and its history, and its particular suitability for 7DRLs and browser games
- The big trend in recent years of browser-playable roguelikes
- ASCII aesthetics and vector fonts in browser rendering
- The joys of hex
- Ondrej's games - inc Sleeping Beauty, RailRL and The Conception
- Potentials of the browser platforms - voice control roguelikes, computer speech, etc, and all with full portability
- The future of Rot.js
- FunhouseRL’s interesting use of ascii mirrors
- How Ondrej got into roguelikes and when he started to make his own games
- Ondrej’s three part tutorial on Rot.js and the interactive manual
Also, important news - the 7DRL dates have been announced! Sign up at the 7DRL jam page on itch.io.