You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- The launch of MidBoss on Steam
- Origins of MidBoss as a Ludum Dare game with the theme 'You are the villain'
- Possession mechanics in MidBoss and avoiding unbalanced strategies
- Other game influences on MidBoss
- Sticking to traditional roguelike mechanics
- Accessibility features and interface polish
- Flavour and atmosphere in the game
- Death cards and taking the sting out of death
- Graphics and audio design, including procedurally generated music
- Other roguelikes with possession mechanics, including Possession, Possession 2, ToME2, ToME4 and Morf
- Go play the game! It's addictive and fun. Gotta possess them all :)
Join us next time for more procedurally generated discussion!