You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- The book is released! A new comprehensive book on Procedural Generation in Game Design, with several roguelike developer authors, available through CRC Press or Amazon.
- How the book got started with Tarn Adams (of Dwarf Fortress fame) and Tanya X Short (Kitfox Games) talking to CRC Press
- Scope and structure of the book, with sections on Generation, Content, Narrative and The Future
- Getting 20+ authors on board and keeping them on track
- The diverse styles and themes of the book
- Tanya an Tarn's job as editors
- Highlights and surprises from the book
- How PCG is widely viewed and Mike Cook's article on How We Talk About Procedural Generation
- The relationship between AI and PCG
- Hello Neighbour, a game where you play against a learning AI
- Another recent book on Procedural Content Generation in Games with a more academic flavour
- Possible author get-together at a future GDC?
Join us next time for more procedurally generated discussion!