You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- Golden Krone Hotel - sparkly/flamey explodey vampire roguelike, now in Steam Early Access
- Unique duality of character in the game, switching between human and vampire mode
- Use of moving sunlight as a mechanic - a weapon in human mode, a terrain obstacle in vampire mode
- Accessibility-building integrated into design - four way movement, contextual ‘use’ key, single key for wear/wield etc, modern-style UI Design
- Identification system where unknown items shown as having one of three possible identities
- Jeremiah's great design-focused blog series - 'Things I Hate About Roguelikes'
- Discussion about how a magic system can genuinely make a player feel *powerful* as opposed to being just another ‘mechanic’
- Evolution of the game since it first appeared as a 7DRL
- Steam Greenlight process and Early Access (launched last Hallowe'en!) and plans for full release Hallowe'en 2017
- Difficulty in Roguelikes - catering to all demographics and casual vs mastery play
- Jeremiah's previous 7DRLs - A False Saint, an Honest Rogue, DUMUZID The Only Shadow that the Desert Knows, Zurvivors
- Vampire and Romanian theme, and trying to have a unique flavour to the game's vampires
- The @ sign is called 'arobase' in French
- How far away is peak roguelike?
- Music courtesy of Christopher Loza (who also composed for KeeperRL)
Join us next time for more procedurally generated discussion!