You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- Do strategic choices in classic Roguelikes extend beyond the food clock?
- Does team based combat drown the player with tactical decision making?
- Can a player truly make an informed strategic/tactical choice without spoilers?
- Do too many Roguelike games fail to properly communicate a players poor strategic decisions?
- Do modern real time Roguelikes even require strategy?
- Did Mark come up with a winning 7DRL idea?
- Find the answer to these and more in episode 117!
- Games discussed: FTL, X-COM, Fire Emblem, Nethack, Angband, ADOM, Binding of Isaac, Hoplite, Dwarf Fortress
- Cameron Kunzelman's talk on The Artisanal Roguelike
- Article on Spectacular Mortality
- You Only Live Once