You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- 2017 is over!
- Some updates from the RLR crew on their activity in the year, including the Procedural Generation in Game Design book with many roguelike devs contributing
- New classic-style roguelikes released this year: MidBoss, Haque, Tangledeep, I Am Overburdened, Unexplored, The Curse of Yendor, Loot Rascals, Cinco Paus - 8 completely new and original commercial, turn-based roguelikes!
- Cogmind launched on Steam and Golden Krone Hotel graduating from early access
- Major releases of ADOM, ToME, Caves of Qud, The Ground Gives Way, HyperRogue and more, including some new developments around GearHead
- 2017 roguelike events: IRDC in Serbia (videos of talks) and Roguelike Celebration in San Francisco (videos of talks)
- 100 new 7DRLs including some very cool and original games (check out our 7DRLs 2017 episode)
- Darren now owns a piece of the ADOM source code, and will begin a new quest to reclaim all the pieces of source code spread around the world in order to gain new roguelike powers
- r/roguelikedev does a complete guided run-through of the roguelike python tutorial - a great way to get into making a roguelike if you've not done so already
- Games we're looking forward to in 2018: Jupiter Hell, Ultimate ADOM, Possession, Rogue Empire, Stoneshard as well as the slightly less roguelike-y Into the Breach, Spelunky 2, Oxygen Not Included and Darkest Dungeon expansion
- 7DRL 2018 dates announced for 3-11 March!
Join us next time for a discussion on AI.