You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
You can also watch a recording of this whole chat on Youtube, with a lovely fireplace in the background. All of the talks from the conference can be found on that playlist.
- Reflections from the conference, and the rather lovely town of Novi Sad
- Discussion of the conference talks, starting with Darren Grey's 'Why We Make Games'
- Tom's talk 'Towards Deep Learning in Roguelikes' on using AI and machine learning to create game components, with the example of level design
- Horst Jen's talk on teaching children roguelike development using python and his success in getting kids to embrace ASCII
- Darren's talk on metagame progression mechanics in roguelikes and exploring how to better implement systems that use them
- Srđan Maksimović's talk on procedural story generation in Shroud of Darkness and how to improve narrative dungeon design and emergent storytelling mechanics
- Tom Ford's talk on 'Narrative Dungeon Generation'
- Summary of the visit and background of the roguelike field trip to the dungeons of Novi Sad, and urban myths surrounding them
- Audience Q&A, Dark Gnosis discusses his game Dungeons of Everchange and the rest of the panelists talk on what their future plans are
- Many thanks to conference organiser Stefan Mijucic and the Startit Centre for hosting, plus a call for a new organiser for next year!
Join us next time for an end of year special.