You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- 2016 is over! Many are happy to see it permadie, but we're just interested in the cool roguelike stuff!
- The amazing Roguelike Celebration in San Francisco with the original Rogue devs and a tonne more attending
- Two more Roguelike Developer Conferences in New York and Bulgaria with cool presentations
- Lots of cool 7DRLs!
- Jupiter Hell, successor to Doom the Roguelike, over-funded on Kickstarter
- DoomRL made open source after legal threats from ZeniMax
- Many games updated, including major updates to Cogmind, CataclysmDDA and The Ground Gives Way
- Steam releases for Cardinal Quest 2 and UnReal World
- ADOM RPG published
- Revivals of Larn, GearHead 2 and Nethack (!!)
- A new traditional roguelike - Dungeons of Everchange
- Brut@l, a PS4 roguelite with ASCII roguelike references (cool to see!)
- A review of some of our favourite Roguelike Radio episodes from the year
- Looking forward to 2017 - a ProcGen book with many roguelike contributors due to be released, 7DRL challenge dates announced for 4-12 March, where will IRDC be next..?
- Roguelike Radio eps we'd like to do this year
- What were your highlights from the year? Any games we missed? And what are you looking forward to in 2017? Post below!
Join us next time for more roguelike-y goodness :)