You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- The rating system for 7DRLs, which includes a score on Roguelikeness
- Game ratings from 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Differences in how roguelikes devs and fan rate traditional roguelikeness of games
- Balancing between innovation and traditional features
- The dangers of art
- The traditional roguelikeness of Jeff and Darren's previous 7DRLs
- Tapping into roguelike tropes to make people feel comfortable with the non-traditional elements
- Tactical definition of roguelikes vs simulation/complexity definition of roguelikes
- Sidetrack on gratification and games communication to players and Dark Souls and death tips
- Inevitable praise for the amazing PrincessRL, which manages to be traditional and huge and varied and innovative and brilliant.
- The correct way to balance a 7DRL
- Darren and Jeff's plans for this year
- Starting with a traditional style and adding an interesting twist
- The traditional elements to avoid replicating in a 7DRL
- Rooms and corridors?
- The 7DRL Challenge 2017 starts soon - take part!
Join us next time for a discussion of Randomness!