You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- Jupiter Hell on Kickstarter (currently ~50% funded)
- How Jupiter Hell evolved from DoomRL, with influence from AliensRL
- The history of Jupiter Hell's development and the reason for going to Kickstarter
- How Darren got involved as Lead Writer and Co-Designer
- Appealing to both non-roguelike players and traditional players, and trying to expand the audience for classic turn-based roguelikes
- Scale of the game, and expansion of tactical and strategic depth over DoomRL
- Story and narrative
- The procedural animation system that conducts turns at the speed of keypresses
- Difficulty in trying to communicate turn-based mechanics to non-roguelikers
- Development timeline after the Kickstarter concludes and gameplay plans
- Kornel's livestreaming of Jupiter Hell development and coding on Twitch
- Thanks to Roland La Goy for the intro and outro music :)
Coming up: A live recording from the International Roguelike Developers Conference held in Bulgaria 26-27 November.