You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- Overview of Imbroglio and which genre it falls into
- The music and how it is generated from the game mechanics
- The drawbacks of score chase mechanics
- Everyone's favourite character
- "Imbroglio is not a roguelike in the way that no other game is not a roguelike"
- A in depth tutorial on board design
- Michael Brough's Imbroglio design posts are on his blog
- Austin Walker's article on Waypoint about the election and its outcomes
Coming up: An interview with Kornel Kisielewicz about his DoomRL successor Jupiter Hell, and a live recording from the International Roguelike Developers Conference in Bulgaria 26-27 November.
You've convinced me to try this again since I bounced off of it after numerous playthroughs feeling like there wasn't much depth, as Andrew said he almost did.ReplyDelete
I'll have to listen to this one in pieces, though, as Andrew's audio quality is so bad it kind of hurts to listen to.
Sorry about my audio issues. Completely different audio set up for me to try and workaround the fact that Windows 10 stopped my mic from working.Delete