You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- IRDC will be happening in the USA for the first time! The International Roguelike Development Conference 2015 will take place in Atlanta, Georgia on 30-31 May, and already several big name developers have signed up. If you're in America don't miss out on this rare opportunity!
- There may also be an England-based IRDC later in the year.
- The Seven Day Roguelike Challenge is imminent! Developers are legally required to make a roguelike in 7 days from 7-15 March.
Topics discussed this episode:
- Go vote right now for the following games to be greenlit: Voyage to Farland, Hydra Slayer, Approaching Infinity, MidBoss
- The growing number of traditional roguelikes on Steam
- Darren's quest to get more traditional roguelikes on Steam (some discussion on Reddit here)
- DarkGod's experience with Tales of Maj'Eyal on Steam
- Brian and Jason's experience getting Sproggiwood through Greenlight and preparing Caves of Qud for release
- Patrick struggles so far with Voyage to Farland on Steam Greenlight (go vote for it!)
- Mario's considerations for putting LambdaRogue on Steam
- Reasons for putting your game on Steam, and why this is good for the community as a whole
- Challenges and obstacles, and how some of these can be overcome
- The need for a good UI
- Alternatives to Steam: Desura and itch.io
- Honestly, go vote up these games immediately: Voyage to Farland, Hydra Slayer, Approaching Infinity, MidBoss