You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
Topics discussed this week include:
- Aaron's experience as a professional developer, and the motivation to do something different in his spare time
- Indie vs Hobbyist vs Professional development - are roguelikes indie games?
- Artistic style and feel to the game, and artistic messages in the gameplay
- Unsolvable content in procedural design
- Specific challenges in procedural platformer design, including mentions of Spelunky, Fuel, Terraria and Earl Spork
- Junk in games
- The minion in Red Rogue and good companion AI
- Real time vs turn based mechanics
Join us next time for a look at what some may say is the most successful roguelike of all time - Diablo (controversy ahoy!)