You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- Imagination in roguelikes as a rewarding experience and life in UnReal World
- History of the game, with the old version available at http://www.unrealworld.fi/urw_devhist.html
- Repercussions since the game became freeware / donations
- LARPing and the possibility of UnReal World LARP rulebooks
- Modding the graphics and game
- The game's economy
- Rate of feature adding caused by people and nature
- Inspiration for Sami from roguelikes and other games
- Danger, lack of hit points and combat mechanics
- Stories told through the game's combat log
- Music in the game and in Sami's life
- A tribute to Errka, co-developer of UnReal World
- Other games Sami has made
- Future changes, such as UI overhaul and graphics update
- UnReal World is the only official educational roguelike!
Games mentioned: UnReal World, ADOM, Dwarf Fortress, Ultima Ratio Regum, Nethack, Omega
Music you should listen to, suggested by Sami and Errka:
Pohjannaula (band that no longer exists, music available mostly on YouTube)
And some music of the 'northern tribes' :) - from Saami artists:
Ulla Pirttijärvi (no official site I guess, music available mostly on YouTube)
Join us next time on Roguelike Radio to hears a bunch of rogues talk about more rogue-y stuff.