You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- The dangers of messing too deeply with procedural content and clever AI
- Making what's special about your game stand out more
- Using a single hit point model to keep your scope down and force some innovation out
- The pros and cons of scope
- Motivations for doing a 7DRL and what to expect to get out of it, and the sheer fun of the week
- Why everyone thinks their own roguelikes were so highly rated (in modest terms, of course)
- Having a good theme and name and not having them too generic or hard to search for
- How much time to spend planning and thinking, and retaining flexibility for changes to plans during the week
- Everyone's game plans for this year
- What we'd like to see come out of the challenge this year
- An encouragement to join in discussion on the #rgrd IRC channel
Join us next time for an episode on player challenges.