You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes. Be warned, this episode contains SPOILERS! Including some serious spoilers for FTL from 28 to 30 mins.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- The joy of finally winning a roguelike
- Devs not winning their own games
- How winning makes up a small amount of the game
- Winning by score more than previously
- Endless games, via infinite score or sandbox style
- Different victory conditions
- Permanent changes through winning (including some of Shockfrost's ideas)
- Building a good final boss
- The disgusting use of hidden second final bosses
- Multiple endings, the good and bad
- Hooking the player to play again
- An aside about the upcoming Annual Roguelike Release Party 2012 and the Roguelike Bundle
Tune in next week for an episode on Caves of Qud.