You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- The ADOM Crowdfunding campaign on IndieGoGo, which has gathered $18k of it's $48k goal in 8 days
- The reason for the $48k figure, and how it will be spent
- View of the Kickstarter/crowdfunding landscape, including the funding of Cardinal Quest, Auro, FTL and CultRL
- The problems of maintaining old code, and both Thomas and Jochen's experience with complex bugfixing in ADOM
- Plans for parallel ADOM II development
- ADOM ports to Amiga, Raspberry Pi and iPad
- Potential for tiles support by integrating NotEye by Zeno
- New and exclusive details about the stretch goals and pledge rewards, including the $50k reward of the printed and bound ADOM source delivered by Thomas in person (any takers?)
- Attention from Notch, Rock Paper Shotgun and other gaming sites
- Advice to others considering crowdfunding - the need for community support, time to promote/feedback/update, being realistic about extra costs, no exclusive content, have a personable video and sell yourself as much as the game
- Potential impact on the roguelike scene
Tune in next week for a discussion on Score Systems in Roguelikes. Honestly this time.