You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Darren's blog post and the RGRD discussion (inc much debate
- The horrible experience of watching non-roguelikers try to play your game
- 4-way vs 8-way, and the design considerations that come with the decision
- Darren's love of hex
- Stairs as bump-to-activate
- Contextual support
- Balancing coding time between UI and features
Tune in next week for discussion of Score Systems. Also many thanks go out to Ryan Boyd for editing this episode - Ryan will now be joining us as audio editor for the show, hopefully resulting in a leap of quality and faster releases!