The mp3 of the podcast can be downloaded here, played in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- The upcoming International Roguelike Development Conference 2012 (IRDC 2012), being hosted by Darren on 2nd/3rd June in London - sign up for it now!
- Games as Art - do they work?
- Some hating on Inventory screens
- Gimmicks vs Polish
- Levelling and progression systems
- Games brought up by Jeff: DungeonMonkey, DiabloRL, Hive Awakening, Urban Warfare, Numbers, Jellies in a Jam, Laser Spigot, A Little Anxious When It's Dark, EmoSquid, Monster Slayer Show, Broken Bottle
- Games brought up by Ido: 2D/3D Dungeon Crawl, Demonhunt, Toby the Trapper, Vicious Orcs, Mad Mage, Inversion of Control, chickhack, Man in the Mirror, Rook
- Games brought up by Darren: Fatherhood, You Only Live Once, Pitman Krumb, A Quest Too Far, Dungeon Minder, Earl Spork, Smart Kobold, DDRogue, PrincessRL, Jacob's Matrix
Our apologies for all the great games we inevitably forgot!
Join us next week for our reactions to the many inevitably wonderful releases from the 7DRL Challenge 2012.
Thanks, guys! You made my day! :DReplyDelete
As for random dungeon generation with cards as rooms/tiles, this sort have thing has been done since the 1980's. There are tons of great ones out there. Sorcerer's Cave is a good example.ReplyDelete
As was mentioned in the podcast I was the one uploading the IRDC Berlin presentations to YouTube. I didn't attend the conference myself but I downloaded the presentations when they were made available. I had them on my harddrive for ages before deciding to put them on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEFC7B8888265466C&feature=plcpReplyDelete
Hey, I did win You Only Live Once with Timmy. So it is possible.ReplyDelete
Yet again Jeff underestimates his players ;)ReplyDelete
Thanks for the mention!ReplyDelete
Thanks for another great episode and especially for mentioning PrincessRL. I played it a while and really enjoy its unique take on melee, as I usually like to play melee characters but it's also mostly realized in pretty uninteresting ways in roguelikes. I'd love to see more innovative systems there. Apart from that the "meta game" is also quite well implemented (especially since it was made in 7 days).ReplyDelete
Not all of the games are available at the linked sites:ReplyDelete
* mad mage: domain has recently expired
* man in the mirror: nightfall (entry for this year) downloads but none of the 7drls of past years download.
I haven't got to the one that needs SSH yet and I couldn't get A Little Anxious When It's Dark to work.
Man in the mirror is available at this page though:Delete
anyone know where to find 2d/3d dungeon crawl? There doesn'y seem to be anything at the link posted.ReplyDelete