The mp3 of the podcast can be downloaded here, played in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- History of ToME4, including its predecessors
- The advantages of release early, release often and community contributions to the game
- ToME4's modern interface
- How the game breaks from roguelike traditions, and some of its unique features and classes
- IP violation, and DarkGod's change from Pern to Tolkien to an original setting
- Transparency in game mechanics, and the problems with too many stats
- Beta version stability, with some tips for folks on Vista or Win7
Join us next week for an interview with ToME4's creator, DarkGod.