You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- Kornel's game: DoomRL, DiabloRL, AliensRL, Berserk
- Jupiter Hell, the spiritual successor to DoomRL, which will be 3D
- The origins of Doom the Roguelike as a 7DRL, and the coining of the term "coffeebreak roguelike"
- The fast-paced, smooth gameplay of DoomRL, made extra satisfying by the music and sound effects
- How to keep that fast pace in graphical, animated implementations, and the plans for Jupiter Hell
- GenRogue - the supermassive roguelike Kornel tried to make
- Designing challenge and adapting to the increasing difficulty demands of a roguelike playerbase. "There are many players that leave a game when it does not provide any further challenges."
- DoomRL as a cornerstone of the modern style of design-focused roguelikes
- Inspirations and design ideas behind Kornel's smaller games, including getting the ripped data on Diablo to precisely make a DiabloRL, and the manga/anime Berserk
- AliensRL, and Kornel's future plans to develop it further
- Doing horror properly with roguelike mechanics
- Jupiter Hell! An ambitious spiritual successor to DoomRL, turn-based with fancy 3D graphics, with the hope of pulling in wider crowds to the roguelike fold. Kornel talks in depth about his design plans for the game.
- Early Access and the importance of player feedback and community-sourced ideas
- You can find updates and discussion about Jupiter Hell on the ChaosForge forums
- How Kornel is responsible for the roguelite explosion (sort of)