You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
- The obsessive traits that make us like roguelikes
- The other obsessive things we do, such as Mark's bullet hell world record and poker history, Andrew's board game design, and Darren's writing.
- Darren's 440-line poem based on ADOM (which is now on Steam!)
- Bad games and obsession
- Obsession triggering the desire to make roguelikes, in particular UnAngband and UnBrogue for Andrew, and the lure of giant projects to the obsessive mind
- Darren is a snob!
- Obsessive play in roguelikes, in particular taking on challenges and speedruns and community competitions
- Jellymancers in Brogue, drakeling spitters in ADOM, platinum runs in ADOM
- Tedious play in roguelikes and how obsession makes us power through them
- Having time for obsessions when we're boring grown-ups
- Obsession and chronic physical and mental health issues
- Addiction, and the negative traits of obsession
- Some of our favourite obsessions that we recommend
- Developers working with enthusiastic players in a virtuous circle of obsession
- Comment below on your favourite obsessions!
This episode also feature a welcome return to Andrew's kids shouting in the background! :D