You can download the mp3 of the podcast, play it in the embedded player below, or you can follow us on iTunes.
Devteam members present:
- Aaron Bader (fizzix) - Developer for about five years and the release manager for 3.4, the previous version released.
- Chris Carr (magnate) - Involved in Angband development for about 10 years. He was responsible for a ton of recent gameplay changes, and was release manager for 3.3 and possibly some other versions as well.
- Robert Au (myshkin) - Player since the mid-90s, and on the devteam for 4 years. Worked on the Macport and code infrastructure.
- Nick McConnell - Involved in Angband for about 10 years. He is the author of the variant FAAngband (First Age Angband) and has recently stepped up to be the new Angband maintainer after the release of version 3.5.
- The many variants - NPPAngband, OAngband, Sil, FAAngband, ZAngband, PernAngband (which became ToME), SteamBand and more
- Angband as the original and most successful roguelike game engine
- The Angband community, and the active forums
- Lessons from spin-offs, especially Sil and Tales of Maj'Eyal
- Borgs - automated bots that can play and even win the game, and the value of these for testing
Join us next time on Roguelike Radio as several known developers talk about the first roguelike they ever made.