Topics discussed in this episode include:
- The launch of the Greenlight service, and Valve's previous issues assessing indie games
- Roguelikes on Greenlight, including Tales of Maj'Eyal, WazHack, Cardinal Quest II, Epilogue, Red Rogue and HyperRogue (see also the Roguelike Collection and the Turn-based Roguelike Collection)
- Ups and downs of the interface
- Is it appropriate for roguelikes?
- Controversy over the $100 fee (see also this article by Jonas Kyratzes)
- Increased visibility for games on it and extra sales because of being on Greenlight
- How well the games are doing on the service, including some raw stats
- What has changed about Greenlight since launch, and some discussion of the acceptance of 10 games for Steam
- Alternatives to Steam, such as Desura and IndieVania
- Thoughts on how the service might develop / improve in the future, and how PC gaming in general may develop
Tune in next week for an episode for more roguelike-y stuff - perhaps some discussion of ARRP.