Topics covered this week include:
- The lack of real setting in Rogue (apart from the text in the Epyx manual for Rogue)
- Generic fantasy settings and what can be good or bad about them
- Unexplored settings and genre-mixing
- How to emphasise setting with tiles, colour schemes, music, sound, intro text, etc
- Original setting ideas, from sex roguelikes to orcs in 10-gallon hats
- Various games discussed, including ADOM, ToME4, Broken Bottle, Vicious Orcs, Hellband, SewerJacks, DoomRL, The Slimy Lichmummy, Cardinal Quest, Anquestria (the My Little Pony themed *Band)
Join us in just over a week for a discussion on Permadeath.